AS I SEE IT: Options for Controlled Drug Registration


Options for Controlled Drug Registration

What ASCs need to know

When an ASC’s controlled drug license is set to expire and requires renewal, the surgery center has options for the go-forward “registrant” designation. This also can be the case if the assigned registrant on the license—usually the ASC’s medical director—changes, since a change of that kind also prompts a re-registration. As an aside, whoever the current registrant is, the address that should be used is the location of the facility, not the one used for the registrant’s personal, licensed office practice.

To read this article, you have to be a member of ASCA or subscribe to ASC Focus magazine.

Sign in > Join >Subscribe >