Each applicant must submit the items below along with the CAIP application form:
(1) a copy of the state license verification (the license must be valid at the time of application),
(2) an Infection Preventionist job description signed by the applicant, OR
proof of holding the Certified Infection Control (CIC) credential (the credential must be valid at the time of application),
(3) documentation of 10 contact hours in infection prevention education over the last two years,
*The documentation must show the title of the session/course, specific times of the session/course as well as the date and year of the session/course. For ASCA’s 2018 Winter Seminars and ASCA 2018, a detailed version of the continuing education is included when the meeting certificate is printed.
(4) one letter of reference from the applicant’s direct supervisor (the letter of reference must be signed, dated and on the signer’s letterhead),
*If self-employed, the letter of reference must come from the Administrator of a facility in which the candidate works and performs infection prevention duties.
(5) a legible photocopy of your government-issued photo identification, and
(6) the examination fee of $345.00
For more information about the CAIP credential, the application process and the exam, visit the CAIP website.